Subject: RE: 'Clients' stealing our work...
From: [email-masked] (Timothy Albee)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 19:16:45 -0500

>lightwave ([email-masked]) wrote:
>
> l> I'm still trying to resolve this situation but I've pretty much written
> l> it off as another learning experience.... =(
>
>Next time write the word SPECIMEN all over the screen ! :-)
>
>Frank Aalbers

Hyia --

Depending on the timeframe for gettig the preliminary animations out to
clients like this, and if you've got a program like ImageFX or its
non-Amiga equivilants, you could write a script that would put your .sig or
logo onto every frame.  The trick would be to make it indellible enough
that they couldn't easily edit it out, and still show off what it is you're
intending to show.  A possible way for this, using IFX, is to load in a
sharp black and white Alpha image of your logo that will fill the screen
size you will be using, and use it to distort every frame.  The end result
of this would be like refracting your animation through a thin glass sheet
of your logo, easily readible, but undenyably yours.  The another idea
would be to use a thin outline-type logo and use it to invert the colours
where the lines are.

Its dissappointing that people can be like this 'psudo-doctor', but at
least there's places like this where we can collectively learn from things
like this.  Another point is that people's respect for your work seems to
be directly proportional to the ammount of money they pay for your
services, at least thats the way it is in the music industry.

TTFN!

Timothy

--      /-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\
        Timothy Albee            |           Media Station Inc.
        [email-masked]    |  Traditional and 3d animator
        \-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/